Secure key exchange I have to echo Phil's comments here. One of the things that might be worth a few minutes is for this group to hash out (pun intended) a set of guidelines for "when it's o.k. to sign a key". I have been

E. Dean Tribble tribble at xanadu.com
Mon Nov 30 10:03:02 PST 1992

An excellent suggestion.  Can you start writing such a thing? (This is
not a facetious request).  I imagine there will be two or three
strategies for approving a key, and if we write them up well, we will
be able to ask people which protocol they have engaged in:

1) Only people I know personally and whose keys I receive in person.

2...

n) Any key received throuhg any medium.

This could have lots of educational value.

dean