PGP on local machine

Eli Brandt ebrandt at jarthur.Claremont.EDU
Wed Nov 25 19:32:58 PST 1992

> From: "DrZaphod" <ncselxsi!drzaphod at ncselxsi.netcom.com>
> >The comm program shoves the cyphertext into the uploadt editor to write your messages then
> you've just lost the whole reason for encryption.

I think what you're trying to say is that writing the message on an
insecure machine gives it away.  This is entirely true, but it sure
beats giving away your secret key and passphrase.  People were saying
that they were unable to do their message editing locally -- if this
is an insurmountable limitation, you'd do well to limit your disclosure
to the one message rather than every secret you posess.  If you *can*
edit and encrypt locally, do it, of course.

   Eli   ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu