DES source for the HP48SX calculator.

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at orchard.medford.ma.us
Sun Dec 20 20:56:59 PST 1992

I have implemented a version of the core of the DES algorithm for the
HP 48SX calculator; I mentioned this in passing on this list a couple
of weeks ago.  Anyhow, in the general cypherpunks spirit of things,
I'm willing to share this code...

Note that this only ECB-mode encryption and key schedule computation,
and not decryption.  Both operations take about 12 seconds.. mostly
because they're written in user RPL rather than system RPL or machine
code.

If the person at Berkeley who maintains the cypherpunks FTP archive
wants to get in touch with me, I'd be happy to contribute this file to
the archive; also, I'll mail it to anyone with a US or Canadian email
return address.

					- Bill