Returned mail: User unknown

Mail Delivery Subsystem MAILER-DAEMON at acf3.NYU.EDU
Fri Dec 18 11:53:19 PST 1992

>>> RCPT To:<cyperpunks at toad.com>
<<< 550 <cyperpunks at toad.com>... User unknown
550 cyperpunks at toad.com... User unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
From: habs (Harry A. B. Shapiro)
Subject: repeater abuse
To: cyperpunks at toad.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 21:23:17 -0500 (EST)

In reponse to Dean T. message.

I agree.

Re: low tech - The extropians uses several Perry(TM) filters
to prevent unwanted bounces AND unwanted posters OUT.

For a more high tech solution I can imagine some sort of public or
private key needed to make a post

- An example being some a public key that was in some manner
signed by a trusted member of a list - I am weak on the techincal
end/side but basically unless the message is "trusted" it doens't
get through.

--
habs at acf3.NYU.EDU
habs at gnu.ai.mit.edu