anonymous remailer

Karl L. Barrus barrus at tree.egr.uh.edu
Tue Dec 1 19:20:22 PST 1992

Fellow cypherpunks:

There is a new anonymous remailer for our use.  Its address is
elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu, its name is "remailer03", and here is the
public key:

Also, here is a script I have to use the remailers.  It is the
ultimate in brute force :-)  Perhaps if more people implemented
remailers, a general script can be written to bounce mail off them
all, or a subset of them all, in the style of Bill's scripts which were
recently posted.  It didn't take long at all to set up: I spent most
the time installing perl in my account, and tracing down an annoying
bug that was my fault - I forgot to make the *.pl files executable.

-----------8<--------->8----------
if [ $# != 3 ]
then
	echo "Usage: anon.mail message destination remailer"
	exit 1
fi

anon1=remailing
mail1=hal at alumni.caltech.edu
anon2=remailer
mail2=remailer at rebma.mn.org
anon3=remailer03
mail3=elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu

message=$1
dest=$2

if [ $3 = remailing -o $3 = hal -o $3 = alumni -o $3 = 1 ]
then
  remail=$anon1
  mailaddr=$mail1
fi

if [ $3 = remailer -o $3 = rebma -o $3 = 2 ]
then
  remail=$anon2
  mailaddr=$mail2
fi

if [ $3 = remailer03 -o $3 = elee7h5 -o $3 = rosebud -o $3 = 3 ]
then
  remail=$anon3
  mailaddr=$mail3
fi

t1=.anon1
t2=.anon2

echo "::" > $t1
echo "Request-Remailing-To: $dest" >> $t1
echo "" >> $t1
pgp -ea $t1 $remail

echo "::" > $t2
echo "Encrypted: PGP" >> $t2