Talk submission to Community Track

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Thu May 12 14:35:11 CDT 2005

Dear Wenbao,
I have scheduled this session for Wednesday, June 29th, from 11:00a -
12:30p.  I have summarized your proposal on our website
<http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_next_schedule.htm> - please let me know if
this is okay with you.
I will keep you posted with further logistical details as they become
available.  In the meantime, please let me know if you have questions.
Regards,
Julie

P.S.  As stated in the Call for Community Participation, please note that
slides must be provided in advance (June 17th) for the GGF14 website.

At 03:18 PM 5/10/2005 +0100, Wenbo Mao wrote:
>Dear Sir,
>
>I would like to submit a community talk to GGF14. Here is the title and
>abstract. The talk slides are also attached. Thank you for your review.
>
>Background: We have been approved a RG in Sec Area (TCGridSecurity RG).
>The RG has been working on interesting research topics utilizing the
>industrial standard technology Trusted Computing, with open-source based
>augmentation codes to GSI scheduled for being delivered to GGF within one
>year timeframe. We noticed however that the work must be accompanied with
>adequate dissemination work in the GGF forum. Hence we propose for a talk
>in the community track.
>
>Best regards,
>Wenbo Mao
>
>--
>Dr Wenbo Mao
>Principal Engineer         Tel:          +44 (0)117 312 9528
>Hewlett-Packard Labs.      Fax:          +44 (0)117 312 9285
>Filton Road, Bristol       Email:           wenbo.mao at hp.com
>United Kingdom BS34 8QZ    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/wm
>

>Title:  Innovations for Grid Security from Trusted Computing
>
>Abstract:
>
>The Trusted Computing (TC) initiative developed by Trusted Computing
>Group (TCG) takes a distributed-system-wide approach to the provisions
>of integrity protection of resources. The TC's notion of trust and
>security can be described as conformed system behaviours of a
>platform environment such that the conformation can be attested to a
>remote challenger. We consider that such a notion of integrity
>protection of resources naturally suits the security requirements for
>Grid computing or science collaborations. We identify and discuss in
>this paper a number of innovations that the TC technology could offer
>for improving the Grid security.

***New contact information as of 16-Feb***
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
wulf at ggf.org
ph. 630/252-7163