Abstract for proposed talk at GGF14

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Tue May 10 15:23:50 CDT 2005

Dear Sol,
This note is to confirm receipt of your submission.  We anticipate sending
acceptance notifications at the beginning of next week.
Thanks for your interest in the GGF14 Community Track!
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
GGF

At 02:17 PM 5/10/2005 -0600, Sol Lederman wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Deep Web Technologies would like to present our commercial Grid-based IR
>technology at GGF14.Below is our proposed abstract.
>
>Please confirm receipt of this message.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Sol Lederman
>Deep Web Techologies
>505-672-0007
>

>                    Applying Grid Computing Research
>            to Commercial Information Retrieval Applications
>

>Los Alamos New Mexico-based Deep Web Technologies (DWT) is developing
>technology that will replace the search engine powering Science.gov with
>a cutting edge Grid-based application. DWT's next-generation search,
>retrieval, and analysis technology will advance the state-of-the art of
>Distributed Information Retrieval and make possible a new generation of
>Grid-based commercial applications. Science.gov is a strategic first
>deployment of DWT's new technology as Science.gov is a showcase search
>portal for the Federal government; it is a collaborative effort of 12
>Federal agencies (the Science.gov Alliance) to share the output of their
>best research with the public. The work also helps to unite the CENDI
>community, comprised of senior government scientific and technical
>information managers. DWT, with US Department of Energy funding, will be
>deploying the new technology in October, 2005.
>

>Carl Sylvia, lead architect for DWT's Grid technologies, will present a
>technical overview of the company's highly distributed, scalable, and
>modular IR framework that will take federated searching and analysis of
>deep web content, not easily accessible to Google and other search
>engines, to a whole new level. Mr. Sylvia will discuss how the fruits of
>the research of the Grid community combined with the support of the
>Science.gov Alliance and of CENDI, have proven critical to the
>development of the novel architecture needed to power the development
>and deployment of commercial next generation Grid-based IR products.

***New contact information as of 16-Feb***
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
wulf at ggf.org
ph. 630/252-7163