Potential Workshop

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Mon May 2 15:03:49 CDT 2005

Hi Ian,

Below is some information that I'll need from you in order to send your
workshop proposal on to the approvers (I've extracted the important info
from a dated web page at
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/groc/workshop-howto.html).  The deadline for
submissions is this Friday, May 6.

Thanks,
Julie

++++++++++++++++++
Workshop Requirements:
Approximately one month prior to the event, workshop organizers will be
required to submit a final agenda and list of committed speakers in order
to retain their workshop slot on the agenda.

Workshop Reporting
Workshop organizers will be required to provide a written summary of the
workshop within 3 months of the event.  We recommend that the organizers
recruit a small team of contributors to use some of the time immediately
following the workshop at the GGF event to create a first draft of the
workshop report.  This is an essential part of the workshop
series.  Workshop reports may take the form of a GGF Informational
document, or they may be submitted to peer reviewed journals, or the group
may elect to produce a proceedings via a publisher.  In the case of a
proceedings or published paper approach, a summary of the workshop should
still be provided to the GROC within the 3 month window.

Workshop Proposal Submission Form

The following minimum information will be required for a workshop proposal
to be reviewed by the GROC.

1) One paragraph of what you believe grids are today (as compared to or
versus your original architecture paper).

A)     Workshop Title

B)     Proposed workshop organizer names and affiliations (possibly incl.
review committee for type 2). Be sure to identify yourself if you are a
chair of an existing RG/WG.

C)     RG/WG that will be involved (including potential RG/WGs as well as
RG/WGs up for approval). If you are proposing a workshop without being a
full RG, please provide a separate RG submission info, including candidate
RG name, charter, area, chairs, BOF descriptions, etc.

D)     Scope and Content (a paragraph or two of the workshop description to
be put on the program.

E)      Potential speakers for type one (invited( and possibly two
workshops. Any additional info are welcome including the title of the talk,
their abstract, etc. In fact the proposed program may be put here.

F)      Past History of hosting a similar workshop inside or outside GGF.

G)     Duration of workshop – half day (2-3 slots incl. Breaks) or whole
day (4-5 slots)

H)     Estimated # of participants (if possible)

I)        Publication Plans --- please indicate if you have plan to publish
the workshop result with a certain publisher. If left out we will assume
that the workshop product will be a GGF Informational Document.

(Some of the information above may not apply to your workshop and thus may
be left blank.)
++++++++++++++++++

At 08:08 AM 4/28/2005 -0500, Geoffrey Fox wrote:
>Sounds a very good idea to me!
>There are some hurdles out of my control but Julie
>can tell you about these if you don't know GROC process
>
>Ian Foster wrote:
>>Dear Communities People:
>>
>>I want to enquire as to whether it could be feasible to organize a
>>workshop at GGF14 based around GT4. Depending on time available and
>>community interest, this could discuss such topics as:
>>
>>* GT4 overview, testing, performance
>>
>>* GT4 implementation of WS-* standards
>>
>>* Early experiences with GT4 (there are already quite a few application
>>groups doing nice things)
>>
>>Ian.
>>
>>_______________________________________________________________
>>Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
>>Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
>>Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
>>Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
>>Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
>>         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org
>

>--
>:
>: Geoffrey Fox  <mailto:gcf at indiana.edu>gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972
><http://www.infomall.org>http://www.infomall.org
>: Phones Cell 812-219-4643  Home 8123239196 Lab 8128567977

***New contact information as of 16-Feb***
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
wulf at ggf.org
ph. 630/252-7163