[cddlm] CDDLM-WG Next Steps & Co-Chairs Nomination

Toft, Peter peter.toft at hp.com
Tue May 8 08:45:54 CDT 2007

Hi all,

[Please note the important request at the end of this message.]

At the management area meeting yesterday at OGF20 we discussed the
current status and next steps for CDDLM-WG. The meeting minutes and
materials are available at:
    http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=760
    http://forge.ogf.org/short/management/OGF20

We agreed that the WG is well below critical mass, and noted that there
are currently no chairs for the group. We decided on the following
course of action:

(1) Steve Loughran and Peter Toft of HP to nominate themselves as
co-chairs with immediate effect.

(2) Bring the following Experimental Track documents to completion and
submission:
  (a) Deployment API Interop Testing (due end of May)
  (b) CDL Interop Testing (dependent on contribution of inactive
members)

(3) Make relevant working groups (e.g., Reference Model group) aware of
assets -- documents, implementations, etc. -- developed by the working
group.

(4) Bring the group's activities to a close. The likelihood is that the
formally submitted documents will lapse unless picked up by other
groups.

With regard to (1), we agreed with Ellen and Hiro that it is acceptable
to have two co-chairs from the same organisation, given that we are
bringing the group's activities to a close.

*** Steve and I are therefore nominating ourselves as co-chairs for
CDDLM-WG. Please post a response to this mailing list if you have any
objection to this, or have any other comments. ***

Best regards,
Peter Toft
HP Labs, Bristol