[cddlm] CDL parser - Import with Namespace doubts

Rakesh Sahu RSahu at Softricity.com
Fri May 19 12:23:39 CDT 2006

Hi

Our CDL parser implementation is complete and is able to successfully
pass all the test cases.

But we still have some questions about "import with namespaces" part of
the spec.

As per the specs the namespace should be applied only to the toplevel
element under cdl:configuration. This can cause problems during
reference value resolutions. For now we are ignoring the namespaces
during the lookup but this will cause problems in complex cases where
there may be multiple imports and elements with the same name.

My take is that normal XML namespace scoping rules should be applied -
the namespace declaration should explicitly be applied to the top
element and to all elements within the content of that element.

Thanks

Rakesh