[cddlm] deploy API revisions

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Mon Mar 27 07:23:46 CST 2006

This is the updated document. As usual, the CVS image of this is the
normative copy of the specification; what you are seeing here is are
downstream artifacts of that gold image.

I've made less changes than hiro suggested, not because I dont agree
with them, but because I dont think the changes should go through except
in co-ordination with the other specifications. If we can do this, then
yes, I am in favour of the changes.

A1, A2. Yes, there is duplication in the introductory commentary.
However, the team agreed to put a consistent preamble across all the
standards. I do not want to change mine to be inconsistent, unless we
change all simulataneously. Accordingly, I have not applied any changes
to that part of the document.

A2:
Looking at the engineering costs of this I'm more reluctant to make an
immediate change. I'd have to change the schema information across all
docs including test documents, and it will be inconsistency across the
different specs. We can do it, but it will require team-wide coordination.

An extra complexity is that GFD.58 doesnt define where other URIs should
go, for example, MUWS capabilities. I have picked on
http://www.gridforum.org/cddlm/deployapi/2005/02/capabilities/portal for
one of these. Similarly, Appendix B defines two

What I have done is declared in section 4.4.3.3 that all extra
deployment options that begin with http://ggf.org/schemas/cddlm are
reserved for the cddlm wg.

A3. Declared which chapters are normative vs informative.

A5:. removed "Compliant" near OGSA.

A6: marked the XSD as copyright 2004-2006. It didnt exist until 2004.

Again, these are all minor changes. They make no changes to the
semantics of any part of the specification.

Dejan, Stuart, if you are happy with these, then post them to the site.
I am now going to be absent for eight days, skiing in the Alps. No
email, no voicemail.

-steve

-Steve