[cddlm] updated HP CDDLM server

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Fri Jun 16 07:05:42 CDT 2006

Hi,

I've rolled out an updated HP server recently,at the usual address
,http://deployapi.iseran.com:8080/alpine/portal/

  now versioned according to <api:build/> field of the static system
status property as as $Date: 2006/05/15 15:18:56 $

This release

-correctly implements the WSDM management capabilities attribute
-handles empty starttime terminatedtime responses. that is
<getResourceProperty /> is a valid response for a query
of anything with a minOccurs=0 value.
-has updated  hp tests to match these changes.

William Vambenepe clarified what the spec really meant and showed that
I'd misinterpreted a bit of it.

What is also interesting about this deployment is that we are using the
integrated smartfrog/commons-logging/log4j logging components, so that
commons-logging stuff goes to smartfrog logs, which then relays to
log4j. Which is set up to generate rolling html log files:

http://deployapi.iseran.com:8080/logs/

Callers are now free to debug their own operations, as the logger logs
received messages and responses. No more need to set up tcpmonitors to
this endpoint. Everyone else is free to see what messages get sent
around too, which may be informative.

-steve