[cddlm] CDL q: what does this resolve to (cdl-2005-02-15.xml)

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Tue Jan 24 06:06:45 CST 2006

This is the test #cdl-2005-02-15, and it is failing on my system

         <cdl:cdl >
           <cdl:configuration >
             <node>
               <value cdl:ref="newvalue" />
             </node>
             <toplevel cdl:extends="node">
               <newvalue>newvalue</newvalue>
             </toplevel>
           </cdl:configuration>
           <cdl:system >
             <app>
               <user cdl:ref="value" cdl:refroot="toplevel"/>
             </app>
           </cdl:system>
         </cdl:cdl>

The reason it is failing is that the reference under <node> only
resolves once the thing has been extended; that is,
cdl:configuration/node is itself unresolvable. , though
cdl:configuration/toplevel is resolveable.

My implementation tries to resolve everything under cdl:configuration,
and fails because it is not possible here. It would work, if I marked
the ref as lazy

             <node>
               <value cdl:ref="newvalue" cdl:lazy="true" />
             </node>

because then the deref would not take place.

What do other people's implementations do with this test?
-steve