[cddlm] Notes from the regular CDDLM meeting, today, 2/22, 6am PST

Milojicic, Dejan S (HP Labs) dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Thu Feb 23 10:20:47 CST 2006

Attendees Flavio, Steve, Jun, and Dejan.

> 1. Update from GGF16

We all (Jun, Stuart, and Dejan) shared impressions from GGF. Overall
summary was that we made a lot of progress. Looking back at commitments,
it seems that evaluating expressions might take most time.

> 2. Planning interoperability demonstrations

CDL: We could have additional tests provided by Jun, before the end of
March. We should run them and come up with a report document
(informational GGF document) that will demonstrate the interoperability
between reference implementations.

Deployment APIs: Bringing up live end point is critical wrt security.
Everyone will implement tests and then run them against the other
people's reference implementations. Hopefully we can also accomplish
this before GGF17, but at latest we should for accomplishing this at
GGF17.

Component model: this is an unknown at this time, we'll wait for Stuart
to show up so that we can sync up with him. If not possible, this one
will have to be postponed until after GGF17, if Stuart pushes it, we
might be able to accomplish it along with other interoperability tests.

> 3. Update on the status of specs

Comp. model and deployment API are in the GFSG 15 days review, the CDL
is in public review.

> 4. Planning OGSA & CDDLM relationship (CDDLM and JSDL in particular)

We are awaiting Steve Newhouse to come up with his document.

> 5. Various

Nothing else.

Next meeting next week, we will track the progress of tests.

Thanks,

Dejan.