[cddlm] Notes from the Regular CDDM Meeting, Wednesday February 1st

Milojicic, Dejan S (HP Labs) dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Feb 1 08:32:20 CST 2006

Attending: Flavio, Guilherme, Ayla, Jun, Steve, and Dejan.

> 1. Update on reference implementations

UFCG: looked at Jun's comments, will make some adjustments. Were busy
doing research in the past week. Will also provide a presentation to
Dejan before next GGF.

HPL Bristol: also make things consistent with Jun's updates. Trying to
get instantiation, not yet there, but confident that he will have them
by GGF.

NEC: Continues with the CDL implementation based on the discussion,
separately they are developing the deployment API demo. Have not
integrated new version of the CDL, but will do so by GGF.

> 2. Planning GGF16 in Athens

No specific change wrt past status.

> 3. Planning OGSA meeting later on the same day

Jun will send two examples by noon today.

> 4. Various

Steve: the name space policy implements the policy we agreed upon. Tests
are more correct this week than last week. This has been fixed based on
Jun's comments.

Discussion about the compatibility with WSRF/WSDM, etc. Dejan stated
that so many things are already in flux now, so this may not be an issue
by the time we are demonstrating interoperability.

Steve thinks that we are in good shape with demonstrating
interoperability of CDL by the means of existing tests. Dejan adds that
we should only document them and provide some experience in using them
across 2 or more reference implementations and this should hopefully be
enough. We will discuss this further at GGF.

Thanks,

Dejan.

PS Steve wishes everyone "Happy February". Thanks Steve!