[cddlm] SOAP, WSA versions

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Thu Apr 13 15:24:24 CDT 2006

OK. SOAP1.2 and WSA 2003/03 it is

My stack will *only* support SOAP1.2, but handle WSA 2003/03, 2004/08
and 2005/08, but only have support for ReferenceParameters, not those
ReferenceProperties stuff that was in the earlier specs. So although it
uses the namespaces, it complies with the latest candidate release
(2006/03) semantics, not the early draft stuff. We'll have to see if
this is an issue or not.

I dont have my endpoint up and running yet, maybe another week -I'm
going offline for easter, back on tuesday, so this is a very short week.
I am getting close to running unit tests against the Ourgrid endpoint,
that will be the first test of interoperability. If my client cant talk
to the Ourgrid endpoint, then I can expect that my server wouldn't
interoperate either.

Incidentally, I've just checked in an updated test doc for the deploy
API; nothing but minor corrections, such as the wsdm property for
management characteristics, correct XPath expressions for evaluating
things when I declare XPath expressions that should pass, etc,etc, only
tests 1-8 are updated as those are the only ones implemented. Also in
CVS the test deployment descriptors 1 & 2 are checked in, along with
WSA-2006/03 and SOAP1.1 XSD, both for completeness.

Happy Easter,

-steve