[cddlm] changes to the sourceforge cddlm jar

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Mon Sep 12 11:29:29 CDT 2005

I've been working on the build process and the JAR file that the
sourceforge hosted stuff to go with our specs does

-the version is now "ggf15"
-it uses Apache (formerly BEA) xmlbeans to generate classes that map 1:1
to all our schema types.
-the jar is now 2.5MB
-to actually use the xmlbeans stuff you need the relevant jars on your
classpath
-to get them on the classpath at build time, you need a recent alpha
release of the apache maven2 repository download JARs. Rather than build
them up yourself, I would recommend getting a copy I made earlier :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/smartfrog/core/antbuild/antlib/core/maven-artifact-ant-2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT-dep.jar

-you will also need to research how to configure maven2 for firewalls if
you live behind one. It isnt hard, and once you have done it in one
place, you get it everywhere.

-once you run the build, you are effectively downloading and running JAR
files from public repositories, JAR files whose security checks are
limited to md5 checksum verification, not tamperproof signatures. Use at
your own risk,

The goal of all of this is that we now have a set of Java types that map
exactly the deployment API, CDL types, CMP XSD types, and all the
WSRF/MUWS things, a set of types that are independent of any particular
transport/SOAP API. I'm using them for my server stuff and tests, and
will try and roll some of those tests over to the deployment project
after GGF15.

-steve