[cddlm] deployment JAR changes

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Tue Oct 25 11:52:56 CDT 2005

I'm starting to make some changes to the JAR that gets built from the
sourceforge repository

1. the constants we generate all use javax.xml.QName rather than a home
rolled version. This will still build on java1.4 even though the class
isnt built in till java1.5 provided you have one of the following on
your classpath
   -something in apache xml-commons that implements this
   -xmlbeans itself
This makes the generated stuff much easier to integrate with both
xmlbeans and java1.5 code

2. I'm going to switch xmlbean generation off by default. Although the
idea "common types" seems good for testing, in practise XMLBeans is not
a good way to work with flexible XML datastructures, and it takes a long
time to build them all. I will leave a way to turn this back on if you
were using the beans that I was generating; I will myself be migrating
away from them in the next couple of days.

I've been giving the WS-A people a hard time about their lack of tests,
apparently they have at least twelve now. If we can have more test data
on XML-addresses that dont interop, send them to me and I will forward
them with the appropriatly acerbic commentary, something like "life
would be simpler if we stick to URIs"

I've also been looking at the OGSA basic profile. What is our plan to
adhere to that. I think an implementation can implement all of it
alongside the spec itself, just by adding some more properties and
implementing all the required operations. So we dont need to explicitly
do it in our spec. This would stop us chasing a moving target.

-steve