[cddlm] Doubts about SWITCH

Flávio Roberto Santos / Projeto Ourgrid flaviors at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Wed Nov 30 07:31:40 CST 2005

Hi all,

We have been trying to implement the Switch flow control and we've got
some doubts:

1. In the 'component-model.xsd', the Switch element has the following
element: <xsd:element ref="case" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>.
Is the 'minOccurs' value ZERO correct? I think that this attribute
should have the value 1 (one), unless there will exist an "otherwise"
without a "case" element.
2. Is it possible to have more than one cmp:switch element in the same
level of a CDL and referring to the same lifecycle? If so, does the
order of the switch matter?
3. Should all the components execute a lifecycle operation or a switch
can avoid a component to be called in a certain operation?
4. How to proceed when there is more than one ref to the same component?
Should we execute more than one time the same operation on that component?
5. As we can have more than one "case" element for the swith, what does
the otherwise mean? Should it execute when all case conditions are false
or when the last one is false?

Thanks in advance,
  Flavio and Ayla

--

Flavio Roberto Santos
Undergraduate student at Universidade Federal de Campina Grande

--

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."