[cddlm] Component Model Test Plan - v.01

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Tue Nov 8 09:23:58 CST 2005

Hi Stuart,

I have two comments about the Test plan:
   * I think the Test case 4b (Reverse) should expect the components to
be terminated in the order (C,B,A). Am I right?
   * The Notification tests regarding Lifecycle Events (section 3,
1.c.iii) are not clear.  When you say  "The test should subscribe for
all notifications such as OnInitialized...", do you mean a test
component? It would be great to have a clear definition of this in the
TestPlan and in the ComponentModel document because sections 4.6.3,
4.6.4 and 4.6.5 are not clear. Maybe a test case with notification and
another using another "process" would make this more clear. Besides
that, in the specification,  it is said that the cmp:LifecycleSituation
is the only category supported in the
ManagementEvent, but we didn't find the definition of this element in
the component-model.xsd. We were thinking about do not using the
situation in the Event, and of making the System
manage the lifecycle operation or the notification to be performed when
a component changes its state as it manages all of its components. Then,
the System subscribes for the WSDM StateCapability topic in each
component and then, in its notify handles what must be done when a
component has changed its state (for instance, it can invoke the
terminate operatin on component C when component B has failed). ok?

Regards,
  Ayla