[cddlm] CDL Testcase Presentation

Stuart Schaefer Sschaefer at softricity.com
Wed Nov 2 11:36:39 CST 2005

I did not receive Jun's document in my email, so I apologize for not
having read it before our meeting.  Here are my thoughts as discussed at
today's meeting.

1)       Use the RDF approach.  CDL test documents should be specified
as pairs.  Pre and post parsing.  Each of our DOM/XOM engines can spit
out the final results of parsing as a CDL.

2)       I don't think it is worth the time to create an automated
"equivalence" tester for comparing the CDL provided in the test case
output with the output of our own parser.  We should be able to spot
check results for compliance easily enough.  Just my opinion.  Document
equivalence is more of an XML problem than a CDL one.

3)       Is it possible to defer the lazy reference tests to the
Component Model test phase?  In CDL you need to simply verify that the
document is properly formed, not that the value turned out as expected.
That is the responsibility of the Deployment API and Component Model.

Stuart