[cddlm] Test Driven Standards

Aleksander Slominski aslom at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Nov 2 08:46:50 CST 2005

Steve Loughran wrote:

> Can I also add my current thinking on how the standardisation process
> can benefit from being test-driven.

hi,

this is an interesting article  and i agree with the premises as it
makes easier to know when a spec is implemented and track an
implementation progress.

however i think calling it Behavior Driven Specification (BDS similarly
to BDD [1]) instead of TDS may better capture the intent and help to
acid confusion with software writing - it is not really about writing
tests but defining and asserting behaviors that are defined in a spec.

best,

alek

[1] http://daveastels.com/index.php?p=5
http://jroller.com/page/obie/20051017