[cddlm] phone conference notes, may 25 2005

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Fri May 27 07:58:11 CDT 2005

Hi,

sorry, maybe it is too late to give some comments, but maybe they could
be useful and could help to clarify some points in the document, even
for other versions. I would like to say that these comments are based on
the view point of someone new in the group.
   * I think  the text should more clearly define the role of the
deployment API, or may be more homogeneous. Sometimes it is said to
deploy "jobs" (as in the introduction) and sometimes
"applications"(section 2.1). In section 2.1( wrongly numbered as 1.1.1),
it's role is just to deploy applications to one or more target
computers. In Introduction, it is said to enable programs to submit jobs
into the system for deployment, terminating existing jobs, and probing
the state of the system. The term "such tasks" that is used in the
second paragraph of section 2.1 is too general, because in the previous
paragraph, these tasks are not clear. In the same paragraph, the term
"this service" refers to the service provided by the API? Maybe this
sentence should be rewritten.
   * Maybe it would be better to remove the title "1.1.1
ConfigurationDescription Language", or it should be included a title for
the 3 points described in the section referring to each document.
   * Section 2.2 - will the document be updated to refer to new drafts
of some documents , such as in the WSRF-RP and WSRF-RL or
implementations should consider old drafts? Maybe there are not so many
differences.
   * Last paragraph of section 2.2: "the referenced to...": I think the
verb is missing.
   * In section 3.1, it would be good to put a reference to the document
that should indicate what you consider an OGSA-compliant Grid Fabric. Is
it based on the first version or the
"draft-ggf-ogsa-wsrf-basic-profile.doc" document?
   * The term "cluster" in section 3.1 is used to refer to any set of
machines or to the cluster definition used for High Performance
Computing? If you refer to the first case, wouldn't it be better to
remove the term cluster?
   * Second paragraph of section 4.1: "...deploy to one or more..."
instead of "..deploy to ore more...." At the end of this paragraph, it
is said that the process for obtaining a Portal EPR is not in the scope
of the document. Does this mean that the EPR can obtained in any way or
that there is another document specifying that?
   * Section 4.2, 5th paragraph, first sentence: The configuration of
the component properties may be made before an "initialize" call on a
component or configurations may be done just during initialization?
   * Section 4.4 - Subsection numbers are wrong, as previously noted. In
section 4.4.1 (that is now 3.1.1), I think a ".." is missing between "0"
and "9" when specifying the characters range.
   * Section 3.1.2 that should be 4.4.2: replace "provide" by "provided"
   * Section 4.5: replace "exports" by "export".

Best regards and thanks in advance,
  Ayla