[cddlm] [Fwd: CDDLM Deployment API]

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Wed May 25 08:05:08 CDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray, Bryan P.
Sent: 24 May 2005 23:01
To: Loughran, Steve
Subject: RE: CDDLM Deployment API

Steve,

The document looks pretty good. I did find a couple of places where you
might consider changes:

PDF
---

5.1.6: Destroy should be in the wsrf-rl (WS-ResourceLifetime) namespace.

6.1.2: MUWS ResourceId is in the MUWS Identity capability:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/muws/capabilities/Identity

If you think of the Portal properties and operations as a management
capability, you could also add a Portal capability to the list of
ManageabilityCapability.

6.1.5: ActiveSystems could be modeled as a ServiceGroup or a set of MUWS
relationships. However, for simple needs, I think the way you have done
it is just fine.

9.1: This section has a sub-section 5.1.10 - should be 9.1.1. Also,
DeploymentFault is used here - I wonder if the name has been changed to
CddlmFaultType as per figure 5.

Appendix A: I think the targetNamespace and name of the 2 TopicSpaces
needs to be revisited. Namespace is reversed and the portal topicSpace
should have a portal name.

deployment-api.wsdl
-------------------

I think WS-I suggests that wsdl:import only be used for importing WSDL
docs and that you should use schema import for importing .xsd files.
This has the unfortunate effect that you need a wsdl:types element as
that is the only place a schema import can go.

You may want to use absolute locations for schema/WSDL locations,
especially for published specs. Otherwise, you require a specific
directory structure for services.

deployment-api.xsd

You declare a top-level ResourceID element that is never used. You also
declare ResourceID as a child element in several places - you may want
to ref the muws element rather than defining your own if you really mean
to indicate the MUWS element. One example is in the
SystemCreateEventType. Also, note that MUWS uses a lower 'd' and you
have used an upper 'D'.

Bryan