[cddlm] testing against the CDL specification.

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Tue May 10 10:44:55 CDT 2005

Jun,

I am busy pasting the examples from the specification into XML files for
validation of the XSD. Everything works, using Stuart's XSD. I'd like to
move us all to a single, normative XSD, with that schema being under SCM
in the sourceforge repository. How is the best way to go about doing
that? This is something we may want to discuss on Wednesday.

Here are my comments on the code in the examples

S7.4.2: recommend example includes a use attr on an untyped element (to
show it is allowed)
     <WebServer>
       <hostname cdl:type="xsd:string" cdl:use="optional"/>
       <port cdl:type="xsd:positiveInteger" cdl:use="required" >80</port>
       <protocol cdl:use="optional">80</protocol>
     </WebServer>

S7.5.3.2

I'd suggest was expanded with a full example of the namespace aliasing

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cdl:cdl xmlns:cdl="http://www.gridforum.org/2004/12/CDDLM/XML-CDL/1.0"
   xmlns:sys="urn:sysapi"

   <cdl:configuration>

     <sys:systemProperties/>

     <deploymentTime cdl:refroot="sys:systemProperties" cdl:ref="/time"
cdl:lazy="true"/>

   </cdl:configuration>
</cdl:cdl>

S7.6

replace <serer2> with <server2> in example

Appendix B: Example

1. namespace "http://www.girdforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-
1.0" is misspelled and has a space in it; its not legal.

2. Surely we need import statements to resolve the dependent