[cddlm] In preparation for the CDDLM/ACS joint session at GGF14

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 23 19:36:45 CDT 2005

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments.
Although not complete, here are some comments:
- We understand the File upload stuff is meant to be a transient/interim
   and a real repository is expected.
- We have one use case with commercial data center for ACS, where clients
   exist outside of the data center and submit their task to the system, then the
   task is deployed and executed in the system. In this case, it might require
   much and/or indeterministic latency for component to pull the data outside
   of the system.
   Thus, we assumed that it is more reasonable to have data repository inside
   the system, even though it may not be what the CDDLM specification requires.
   We assumed that the purpose of having AddFile is to "push" the data
   from outside to inside of the system in advance. Then components can
   "pull" the data easier from there.
- As such, the file server in the case 1 diagram may not be a primary
   or sole implementation of CDDLM, but we understand it is among possible
   implementations of larger system under the current CDDLM specification.
   (We may have had to color it neutral one rather than light blue.)
- I understood all topics are about the case 1 diagram. Do you have any
   issues on case 2 or 3?

BTW,
Thanks for a heads up for JSR 277. We will keep an eye for it.
It sounds like the improvement of the jar itself and pretty much java
focus.

  -Keisuke