[cddlm] Notes from the CDDLM meeting, 6/8

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Jun 8 09:04:43 CDT 2005

Attendees: Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza, Kojo Takashi, Jun Tatemura,
Steve Loughran, Stuart Schaefer, Jun Tatemura, and Dejan Milojicic.

Agenda:

1. Feedback on Component Model spec
2. Brief look at the Deployment API and CDL
3. Quick look at what will happen at GGF

1. A lot of good discussions. Some of the topics included:

- Complex nature of inheritance (tags for sequence and reverse create
complication how attributes and elements get inherited)

- Ensuring that the markers in CDL are used as attributes not as
elements

- Delegates and inheritance's impact thereon

- CMP switch element

- Event sequencing

Stuart will summarize and post it to CDDLM mailing list and possibly
even put a separate document into the GridForge. We will not include
these in the current component model spec. At the moment we are close to
an agreement on all issues, Jun will rethink it and confirm one or the
other way.

2. Steve will apply changes suggested by Ayla and Stuart and put up the
document for the last call.

3. We will have the following activities at GGF

- CDDLM session on all documents (largely Q&A)
- CDDLM session on demos (Jun, Stuart, and Steve will give the demos of
their work)
- CDDLM session on Reference implementations
- CDDLM session on Interop
- CDDLM session on WSDM and CDDLM
- CDDLM session on CDDLM and other SRM groups (JSDL, GRAAP, DRMAA, ACS,
etc. invited)
- ACS session on ACS and CDDLM
- OGSA session that CDDLM will attend and discuss relationship between
the two (which session, TBD at the June 20 OGSA phone conference that
CDDLM will attend).