[cddlm] In preparation for the CDDLM/ACS joint session at GGF14 (re-send)

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 19 03:36:38 CDT 2005

Hi Steve,

I think I got your point on slide 2. Thanks for a heads up.
I modified the diagram so that it convey the intent more precisely.
GetResourceProperty can be called either the client or component.
I assumed that in preparation to register the application contents,
the client will do the call and prepare for it in the components.
Does it look better in terms of your comments?

As for the comments on the slide 3, I'm not very sure about your
proposal. I understand that we can include multiple files as an
attachment using this framework. It may include appropriate number
of URIs needed, which refers to the attached contents. We need
more study on this, but we are not intended to generate any
extension to the existing standards on this area.

Steve Loughran wrote:

> 4. Caching/performance. If the URL-fetching app is written with the
> assumption that the repository is some distance away, or intermittently
> unreachable, it will want to download the resource and cache it. So an
> HTTP HEAD request may be needed, or a GET with a lastModifiedSince (or
> better yet, an etag).

I guess the ACS repository would be the one that offer a local cache
in the system. That's the largely the motivation to have the ACS
standards.

-Keisuke