[cddlm] In preparation for the CDDLM/ACS joint session at GGF14

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Sun Jul 10 21:15:42 CDT 2005

Steve,

Thanks for your update on this.

Considering your comments below, we discussed a WS interface utilizing
the uri identification as you proposed. Please take a look at the attachment
to this e-mail. This depicts how the ACS Repository Interface "GetContents()"
can work with multiple protocols. It is very similar with the AddFile() as it
returns an uri. In our interface, Register() that pushes files into the repository
returns EPR to the entry, then the GetContents() with protocol and keys to the
subpart of the archive entry selects what and how the files can be retrieved
from the repository. It will allow the http to be used among the other protocols
supported by the implementation of the repository.

Do you think this work for your use case?

  -Keisuke