[cddlm] Doubts about ComandPath

Marcelo Iury Oliveira / Projeto Ourgrid - Prof. Walfredo iury at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Tue Jul 5 13:32:34 CDT 2005

Hello all!

I'm developing a cddlm engine with Ayla, and now we are writing a
factory that deploys and instantiates a given deployment component,
using a CodeBase and a CommpandPath.
Looking at the component model specification, I got a little bit
confused about the CommandPath, specially considering the given example,
which is in the following:
<cmp:CommandPath>
   <cmp:path>http://server.com/app.jar</cmp:path>
   <cmp:args>...</cmp:args> *
</cmp:CommandPath>

As we have arguments, I think we need a "command" element (that can be
optional) to pass these arguments. As we do not have the "command"
element, we thought it could be in the "path" element, or we could have
there executable files, but in the example presented  we  have a  .jar
file,  which is not  executable by itself.

Can anyone help us in making this more clear?

   Iury