[cddlm] Notes from the Meeting on Wed 1/26, 6am PST.

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Jan 26 08:29:49 CST 2005

Attendees: Kojo, Steve, and Dejan (Stuart excused himself because of an
emergency)

> - Steve's Deployment APIs document

Doing schema to go with it, put more details in spec, such as
operations, which is currently vague. Wants to do how it works on the
stack, probably Apache. Gave an opportunity to upload files, not as good
as repository, but it is support. This is the most significant change.
Waiting for the feedback. The faults handling is also new. Waiting for
the feedback. Feedback on base fault handling is very welcome.

Faults document, should we submit it as a document as a normative
document. Dejan proposes that we do the document the faults and worry in
what form we submit it later.

> - Stuart's Component Model document

Nobody had a chance to look at it and given that Stuart was not present
we have not addressed this topic.

> - Update on the CDL spec

Confusion about the inheritance in particular to the deep inheritance.
We need to do a revision to the Foundation document or do a Primer. Move
some sentences to the Foundation document, such as relationship to the
SmartFrog, the underlying model. Other things are minor, maybe he needs
some feedback from Steve, such as import as an absolute path. Steve:
absolute paths are good. Support for templates, so that you can provide
different names.

Jun will provide the updated document within a week and then we can
submit it to Technical Area directors and to the GGF editor at the same
time.

> - Attendance at GGF13

Dejan will attend. Jun and Kojo will attend too. Steve will not attend,
waiting for Stuart to confirm.

> - Various

Next meeting will take place within a week. By then we hope to have
everyone read Steve's and Stuart's documents.

Thanks,

Dejan.