[cddlm] API issue: JSDL support

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Fri Jan 21 06:27:33 CST 2005

I am thinking of enhancing the deployment API to enable support for
multiple JSDL-like languages. Specifically, just as for the deployment
descriptor you provide (languageURI, [descriptor|descriptorURL]), I want
to move from (JSDL) to (job language descriptor URI, job language
descriptor)

This has two benefits
-guarantees we dont need to include JSDL in our WSDL; we stick with xsd:any
-gives us resilence with respect to JSDL versions
-lets us support things like Globus job description language

I still think JSDL should be the base language that is supported, and
will say so in the spec. I'll also add a way to list the JSDL languages.
Note that we say nothing in the spec about how the language should be
interpreted.

-steve