[cddlm] Meeting notes from 2/2/05, 6am PST

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Feb 2 08:47:27 CST 2005

Meeting by phone

Attendees: Jun, Stuart, Steve, and Dejan.

CDL discussion.
---------------

The missing pieces:

1. Namespace URI

2. Schema

Steve: it is essential that we have schema. Schema needs to be
consistent with the validation. Steve will send his schema and jointly
with Jun, they will produce a new schema over the mailing list. In a few
days, Jun will post the schema, over the weekend. Next work will work.
Stuart will own the URI resolution, he will make a proposal and then
post it to OGSA.  Within a week we shall close not the document and make
the last call on the paper before we send it to GGF editor.

Component model spec
--------------------

Received comments from Steve, not from anybody else. These comments are
being addressed. Stuart will modify the code base to be recursive list
of URIs. If there is any better word for file name, let Stuart know.
Declared discovery attributes. WSRF requires that anything that is EPR
has to provide resource property documents. Can we do that with meta
data exchange. This was optional.

Make sure that it passes and resolves with Jun's parser. We need to do
some implementations now. The only question is in Section 5.5 refeernce
resolution, the way it is built now, the intermediate resoluton for CDL
references, it has to go through system EPR. Either all components know
all EPRs or to use URL scheme.

The document is pretty much complete. Stuart will append WSDL and schema
and it is ready to post it (tomorrow at latest), however, he would like
to get some more comments in addition to Steve. Dejan will pass the
document around.

Deployment APIs

Steve did not get all comments by now, others were busy with other
documents. Once Steve get the Stuart documents, he will integrate them.
Steve will send another update at the end of the week and integrate more
of the component model. Then we can have a two weeks opoprtunity for
reviewers to provide the feedback.

We shall have the meeting next week, 2/9; at that meeting we shall
decide whether we shall have the meeting also the week after (2/16).

Thanks,

Dejan.