[cddlm] About Deployment API test plan

Guilherme Mauro Germoglio Barbosa / Projeto Ourgrid - Projeto Ourgrid/LSD guiga at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Mon Dec 12 07:28:13 CST 2005

Hello,

While implementing the deployment API test plan, I've found the
following test:

/*api-18:Create a System while subscribed with an invalid endpoint*/

/Subscribe to a portal for creation events with a notification EPR that
is invalid. There are the following types of invalid portal/

    *

      /Nonexistent URL (e.g. "http://notifications.example.org/epr1"). /

    *

      /endpoint with no open connection (e.g.
      "http://localhost:8081/epr1"), assuming port 8081 is closed/

    *

      /404 URL (e.g. "http://deployment.sourceforge.net/example/epr1"). /

/Assertions:/

    *

      /In all cases, the notification delivery failure is noted, the
      endpoint is no longer subscribed/

Don't you think this behavior of simply unsubscribing the consumer in
its first failure can result in bad unsubscriptions? I mean, the failure
can be transient and only by a few seconds can make the consumer
unreachable/invalid.