[cddlm] Notes from the meeting this morning (4/27/2005)

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Apr 27 08:50:34 CDT 2005

Hi,

Here is a quick summary of the meeting this morning. Only Stuart and
myself attended, but it was quite productive.

1. There will be a mandatory meeting next week. Can we please have all
members of the team provide detailed feedback to Stuart on this spec. In
the meanwhile (by next Monday), Stuart will provide additional version
of the spec, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE, the changes will be
minimal and he does not depend on the feedback for these changes. Please
comment on the previous version of the spec.

2. In the spirit of coming up with the reference implementations, we
need to discuss what pieces of the work proposed in the original
Foundation spec are not covered by existing specs. Engine interfaces
come to mind. At the next meeting, I would like to revisit the
commitments on who does what wrt reference implementations for the
Chicago GGF. If we have additional resource, what would be most critical
for the team to address: e.g. an independent reference implementation of
an engine or a way to verify interoperability between existing (and
which) reference implementations, etc.

3. Yesterday, Dejan presented the GGF CDDLM WG at the DMTF Utility WG.
This informal presentation raised some interest, in particular the
opportunities for declaratively expressing dependencies among deployment
modules and its relationship to models. We agreed to explore possibility
for the two groups meeting at Chicago. Once I have the most recent set
of specs, I will pass them to the Utility WG (this means the newest
component model and deployment APIs specs).

Thanks,

Dejan.