[CCGT] Comments on yesterday's Comm Council Telecon

Craig Lee craig at rush.aero.org
Wed Jun 15 16:04:55 CDT 2005

All,

Yesterday's telecon prompted me to write up these notes
about maximizing the utility of the Community Track.
I'm sure there are other metrics/questions that could be
applied.

--Craig

Community Track Evaluation and Strategic Planning
How do we evaluate the community tracks we have organized at any particular
GGF?

Evaluation of Individual Community Track Session:
How many people showed up?
Was there good discussion?
Did the speakers feel their talk was well-received?
Did the speaker feel that giving the talk was useful?
   (Did they feel that whatever expectations they may have had were met?)
Would the speakers attend another GGF?

Analysis and Insight for Individual Community Track Session:
What were the main themes voiced in the session as a whole?
For the session topic/industry area, what are the main concerns wrt
distributed computing requirements.
For these main concerns, what did the session nail head-on?
What did the session miss completely?
What new action items for future work were identified?

Analysis, Interpretation and Insight across all Community Track Sessions:
What were the common themes voiced across sessions?
What type of new synergies among groups were identified and spun-up?
Was there overlap in people and organizations across any of the sessions?

==> Need a pow-wow after all the community sessions to compare notes
and see what worked/didn't work.

Strategic Action Items for Subsequent GGFs:
If any "hot button" common themes emerged across sessions, target those
next time.
If any topics were glaringly missing, target those next time.
If any common themes/synergies across groups emerged, target those next time.
If any sessions did really well, do it again next time.

==> Need to summarize these conclusions and present them as part
of the Closing Plenary as plans for future GGFs.