[CCGT] GGF14 survey comments and GridWorld/GGF15

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Wed Aug 3 17:05:19 CDT 2005

Dear all,
Below, you will find some community-oriented suggestions that I have
extracted from the GGF14 attendee surveys.  If possible, I would like you
to take a look at the attendee feedback below and identify projects (and/or
individuals) that we might solicit directly for the GGF15 Community
Program.  The complete CFP (along with online submission) can be found at
http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_communityInvolvment_ggf15.htm.
As you know, the deadline for the Community CFP is next week,
12-Aug.  Please feel free to send your suggestions to me and I will send
the CFP on behalf of the community council.
Thanks,
Julie

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Please enter suggestions for research areas for the GridWorld/GGF-15
Enterprise and Community Programs?
·Nanotechnology
·Are there hardware requirements?
·Space/Astronomy/Planetary Science
·apps of grid technology
·Semantic Grid
·Real world examples of Grid adoption in enterprises, challenges & success
stories, do’s and don’ts for others who are considering grids
·Equipment Grid
·Community programs: Earth Science groups
·Grid security, UO- Management
·How to get up an Enterprise Grid (practically: what to install, what to
tweak etc)
·Medical/ Health
·Automation of the “grid-enabling” process for applications.
·I am not sure what you mean by “research areas.” If you mean industries or
professions, I would suggest: financial services, insurance, pharmaceuticals.
·Applications
·Integration of Grid and AIM(?)

Please enter any suggestions you have about helping GGF to engage new
communities?
·Provide general grid background information on website
·Be more open and promote your openers
·Clear value proposition for engaging with GGF
·Joint sessions
·Try to co-locate important events of communities
·Tutorials on day before workshop
·Difficult. One advise: don’t overpromise! What can GGF offer now?
·Road show showing GGF technology to users
·Webpage that provides lines to different area in vertical markets.
·Develop a “marketing plan”
·Re-design the website. People new to the site will not understand areas,
Groups (working and research), communities, but navigating the site seems
to be oriented around these entities.
·Success stories. Product showcase.
·More industry and commercial focus, perhaps with EGA
·Provide workshops for grid beginners.

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
Global Grid Forum