[Capi-bof] Charter Status...

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Tue Mar 31 03:59:11 CDT 2009

Abstractly, I would imagine that as we are only dealing with the interface to a service that provides infrastructure, a SPI in that context is equivocal but a more generic term. In this sense I could have a collection of SPIs, some of which are PaaS, SaaS and others that are complimenting services such as a networking service that is used only within IaaS. If you are referring to SPI in this collection [1] and if it is one of these, bar [2], then I'd say it's too low level to embed its semantics in the OCCI. In that case the idea is a sound and valid one as OCCI only sets out to define an interface to infrastructure and the supporting schema, not the implementation of such a service.

Andy

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPI