[Capi-bof] Charter - last call for changes

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 25 04:49:22 CDT 2009

I totally agree with David. Altered the text of the charter a little bit
too:

--- start ---
Charter Focus/Purpose and Scope:
This group will focus on the creation of an API for interfacing “IaaS”
model compliant Cloud computing facilities, enabling:

      * Grid developers to create virtualized Grid sites and solutions
        for dynamic scaling of private Cloud sites
      * Service management platforms to implement automated elasticity
        rules
      * Basic interoperability between cloud providers
      *
      *
The purpose of this group is to create the following standards:

An API for remote management of virtualized resources (meaning, but not
   limited to virtual machines), including manipulation of images and
                               networks.

This effort will complement work done in other OGF groups and
standardization bodies, such as OVF in DMTF for hypervisor-neutral
virtual appliance description.

If this is not what we want please send an update version of your text
with your ideas.

Cheers,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com