[Capi-bof] Charter - last call for changes

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 24 08:01:23 CDT 2009

Folks,

On 24 Mar 2009, at 11:18, Thijs Metsch wrote:

>> - The focus is still on virtual machines when there are actually
>> three types of "containers" we're wanting to control:
>> * Physical machines
>> * Virtual machines
>> * Lightweight virtual machines (zones, vservers, slices, etc.)
>> I would suggest adopting the term "workload" in place of "virtual
>> machine" (which could come in the form of a physical server image,
>> virtual machine, tgz chroot, etc.) and using "container" in place of
>> hypervisor, server, zone, chroot, etc.
>
> I'll try to take that into account and rewrite the parts.

My advice here, as I said on the call, is to stay narrow (e.g. VMs
only). Including physical machines is all about DC management, and if
you include concepts like "workload" you are starting the ocean
boiler. You don't want to go there.

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
     Reg. No. 4153469

     +44-7590-293439 (Mobile)

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan and McAfee Groupshield does
 not guarantee that it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is
 virus-free.