[Capi-bof] Charter Status...

Taka Matsutsuka markn at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 1 08:09:45 CDT 2009

Hi Andy,

Cloud is a vague notion, but now let's assume it is layered architecture,
consists of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, following the charter.

If we assume PaaS is in the middle, it offeres a set of API for a layer
above (SaaS in this case).  At the same time, PaaS requires a set of
capability from the lower layer (i.e. IaaS).  This capability is what
I meant SPI.

The charter states that the focus is "API for interfacing IaaS," which seems
fairly low level to me.  In this sense, I don't think we need SPI for IaaS
either.

-- Taka