[caops-wg] Street/PostalCode and Grid Certificate Profile

Basney, Jim jbasney at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 30 14:11:16 EDT 2015

Hi,

Am I too late to make a comment on the update to GFD.125?

I'd like to propose adding Street and PostalCode to the "subject name RDN
component recommendations" with a recommendation of "should not be used".
We find that these RDN components are not displayed consistently across
software, and that Java's X500Principal class rejects PostalCode outright
with java.io.IOException: Invalid keyword "POSTALCODE".

Unfortunately these RDN components made their way into some certificates
issued by the InCommon IGTF Server CA, which we are now working to correct.

Thanks,
Jim