[caops-wg] Comment for Auditing Guidelines Doc.

Scott Rea Scott.Rea at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Sep 17 07:59:40 CDT 2008

How about we amend the last sentence of the 1st paragraph and the entire
2nd paragraph to read as follows to avoid any confusion...

------------------
...External auditors should be individually and organizationally
independent of the PKI that is being audited, internal auditors should
at least be individually independent of the PKI that is being audited.

The specific auditor qualification requirements are that they should be
competent, independent, understand PKIs, understand auditing methods,
and understand IGTF profiles. The following is a list of considerations
to undertake when determining the expertise and qualifications of
members of the assessment team carrying out a PKI audit (NOTE: These
considerations are provided simply in an advisory capacity and not as
hard requirements when determining auditor qualifications):
-------------------

Thoughts?

Regards,
_Scott

Kelsey, DP (David) wrote:
> Hi Yoshio, Scott,
>
> I think it would be better if the text is modified to make it clearer.
>
> Cheers
> Dave

> Dr David Kelsey
> Particle Physics Department