[caops-wg] Requirements and rationale for Relying Party Defined Namespace Constraints (signing_policy file)

David Groep davidg at nikhef.nl
Thu Feb 28 13:45:50 CST 2008

Dear all,

The rationale for the signing policy file, expressing Relying Party Defined
Namespace Constraints, has been documented in a CAOPS-WG draft document. This
document is now nearing completion, but as its baseline is now more than two
years old, we feel that the list of requirements on the signing policy
language expressed in that document may no longer be up to date.

As we discussed in the CAOPS WG, we have updated the document and now invite
our major relying parties and middleware providers explicitly to comment on
this document. Dave (JSPG), Christoph (MWSG) and Frank (Globus), can you
forward this as appropriate?

The latest document draft is at:

   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc4857
   (PDF version attached)

and is really, really, small.

We like to complete this document well before the Barcelona OGF in May, so
your timely feedback is really, really welcome. And since the doc is small...

	Thanks,
	DavidG.

PS: We will also ask to "end-user" relying parties via the IGTF and EUGridPMA
announcement newsletter.

--
David Groep

** National Institute for Nuclear and High Energy Physics, PDP/Grid group **
** Room: H1.56 Phone: +31 20 5922179, PObox 41882, NL-1009DB Amsterdam NL **