[caops-wg] Grid Certificate Profile version 0.20

David Groep davidg at nikhef.nl
Fri Feb 2 09:58:59 CST 2007

Hi Mike,

Mike 'Mike' Jones wrote:
> One question that I've just been asked is: "Does the hyphen in a in a CN
> (ss 3.2.3) affect user certificates in Globus installations?"
>
> e.g.
> If I have "...CN=robert kilroy-silk" in my grid-mapfile and
> a I process an GSI connection with "CN=robert kilroy", will they get Mr
> kilroy-silk's account mapping?

No, this particular behaviour is only used when authenticating
hosts and services, and not in any subsequent authZ decisions.

	DavidG.

--
David Groep

** National Institute for Nuclear and High Energy Physics, PDP/Grid group **
** Room: H1.56 Phone: +31 20 5922179, PObox 41882, NL-1009DB Amsterdam NL **