[caops-wg] Revised auditing documents

Yoshio Tanaka yoshio.tanaka at aist.go.jp
Fri Dec 14 02:16:02 CST 2007

Dear all,

Working with Matt, we have revised the auditing guidelines document.
I also compared the TAGPMA spreadsheet and the auditing document.

Here is the summary of the revision:

- Added one auditing item (item# CA-(23)).
- Moved item# CA-(30) to item# CA-(52).
- Added Matt as a co-author.
- Revised English.

BTW, Christos gave us the following comment at the last OGF:
The document should provide a generic framework for performing audits
on Grid IdPs.  We should remove any statements on the preferred
answers for each question in the document.

Actually, sections 1, 2, and 4 describe a generic framework.  These
sections are not profile-specific but common for all profiles.
However, Section 3, "Auditing Checklist," is derived from and depend
on the Classic AP. Section 3 should be different for the other
profiles such as SLCS.
Even so, should I modify profile-specific questions and descriptions
to more generic descriptions?

Any comments are appreciated.

Regarding the comparison with the TAGPMA spreadsheet and the auditing
document, here is the summary of the results:

- One item in the spreadsheet was not in the auditing document.
  - new item #CA-(23)

- Some items in the auditing document are not in the spreadsheet.
  - Most items are "SHOULD" statement.
  - Some of such items are newly added in Classic AP 4.1.
  - Item numbers which are not in the spreadsheet.
    - #CA-(14)
    - #CA-(21)
    - #CA-(31)
    - #CA-(39)