[caops-wg] OCSP & Proxy Certs

Mike Helm helm at fionn.es.net
Wed Feb 8 17:52:19 CST 2006

Alan Sill writes:
> Have observed some traffic on the IETF list on OSCP there.  I assume
> you have been monitoring this and will fold it in?

Do you mean the  so-called lightweight profile?  There is some sense of
overlap.  Probably the best thing to do is to write what
we want, and wait for IETF to finish before incorporating
anything (it's still a draft).

For people who want to look at it it's here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-lightweight-ocsp-profile-03.txt

I think what drove this is the nonce - freshness problem, which
Olle wrote extensively about.

There are some other things in it that might be useful but
we should be cautious about citing it until it gets
published as an RFC.