AW: [igtf-general] Re: [caops-wg] Certificate Profile document, update v0.5

David Groep davidg at nikhef.nl
Wed Aug 16 06:48:16 CDT 2006

Hi Ursula, all,

Epting, Ursula wrote:
> Dear Jens, David and all, the document is very well done, good work! I've
> added some small comments and (possible) corrections of typos (using word
> track changes on Jens' doc, after accepting all his changes)

I've merged these in and produced version 0.8 - now on the web at
   http://www.eugridpma.org/temporary/

Most of the comments I've just merged, some are discussed below:

* in section 2.1, on the serial number stuff:
   I've created a new subsection ("2.2 Serial Number") and put all this
   text there.

* in section 3.1, "version number must be set to "2"":
   this is indeed the encoding of the version number in the first INTEGER
   of the certificate

* section 3.2.1 "dNSName" and others
   funky capitalisation taken from the standards documents (where things
   never start with a capital letter)

* On the Unicore need for "nsCertType: server, client"
   I've not seen this requirement before (of having a need for
   *both* server *and* client being asserted here). If you can
   dig up the email, I'll be very happy. Please do.

* Section 4.2 "Key lengths and hashed"
   Since SHA-256 is not supported, we'll have to live with SHA-1
   for the time being, despite it having only 80 bits effective.

Thanks a lot,

	DavidG.