[igtf-general] Re: [caops-wg] Certificate Profile document, update v0.5

Jensen, J (Jens) J.Jensen at rl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 02:30:38 CDT 2006

David, I have now finally had time to go through the document
and made only a few changes.  And fixed a few bugs, like commonName
cannot use IA5String as encoding.  I used Word's change tracker.

http://www.grid-support.ac.uk/files/eugridpma-certprofile-20060814-0-6-jens.doc

What would be the consequences of saying in 4.1 "RDNs MUST be
in the Right Order".  Will we lose SWITCH and Purdue?

Would it be worth expanding section 5 into a general annotated
openssl.cnf?  If new CAs feel this would be useful, I will be
happy to provide something (if so, please reply to me).

The document has also gradually started to describe how software
deals with certificates - browsers, OpenLDAP, etc.  This could
be expanded.

Thanks,
			--jens