[caops-wg] The Open GRid Ocsp -OGRO- client has been launched!

Jesus Luna jluna at ac.upc.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:49:14 CDT 2005

Dear all,
We really sorry for not being able to attend the next GGF meeting, but
on the other hand a couple of weeks ago we hosted here in Barcelona
TERENA's TF-EMC2 meeting (presentations can be found in
http://www.terena.nl/tech/task-forces/tf-emc2/meetings/sep05/agenda.html)
and we had the opportunity to introduce CertiVeR's OCSP validation
infrastructure for Grids. Such system is composed of two elements:

-In first place an OCSP Service which is currently configured as a
Trusted/Authorized Responder for several Grid PKIs. As mentioned in
TERENA's meeting, at this moment such service is being tested (Pilot
Phase) and offered free of charge for those CAs whishing to use it. The
list of CAs being served will grow in the next days, so please let us
know your comments or questions about it. More information about the
service can be obtained from:
                     http://globus-grid.certiver.com/info/

-In second place as mentioned weeks ago in this list, we have *finally*
released the first version of the Open GRid Ocsp -OGRO- client API (Java
version). This client implements a "Grid Validation Policy", consisting
of a set of XML-rules to provide OCSP validation for Grid, taking into
consideration several of the issues discussed in this group. As a proof
of concept we have integrated it into the Java CoG 4 libraries (example
available in OGRO's web page) and also into GT4's  WSRF Java Core
(example to be released in the following days also). OGRO is being
offered with a GNU GPL license, so please feel free to use it. You can
find more information in:
            http://globus-grid.certiver.com/info/ogro/index.html

We hope to release soon more technical details about OGRO-CertiVeR-GT4
(benchmarks, optimized validation policies, etc.), but in the meantime
we will appreciate your comments, questions, bugs reports, etc.

Best regards!

--

Jesus Luna Garcia
jluna at ac.upc.edu